Key New Features
The new version of Dynamics CRM includes integration of three acquisitions Microsoft has made – Parature, MarketingPilot and NetBreeze to create “Dynamics Marketing” as well as some additional features to Dynamics CRM. These features include:
- Visual campaign designer to allow marketers to design campaigns
- New lead management and scoring capabilities
- Improved email scalability for sending out millions of emails per day
- Deep analytics for measuring effectiveness of campaigns
- A new Unified Service Desk designed specifically for call centers that allows agents to handle multiple customer interactions
- Integrated self-service via support portals, Facebook, Twitter and web chat all based on a shared knowledge base
The Microsoft Social Listening Service
Microsoft is also unveiling its new Microsoft Social Listening Service. Similar to tools already provided by SalesForce.com, the new service allows marketers to analyze and act on sentiment analysis from a variety of social networks.
As another cloud first initiative, Microsoft will provide an updated version of Dynamics CRM Online first with the on premise version receiving its update later on in the year.
Microsoft will offer access to this tool free for online subscribers while those on premise will need to pay an incremental cost. In addition, Dynamics Marketing will only be available as a cloud service.